Brown is better than White
Did you know that you can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes by substituting brown rice or another whole grain instead of the traditional white rice.
One thing that many physicians have noticed over the years is that people who chose to eat white starchy foods instead of substituting them for brown whole grain foods are the ones that end up getting diagnosed with diabetes.
The most important thing about brown rice is that it is rich in fiber which is present in the brown bran layer of the grains. The health benefits of a high fiber diet are being stressed by medical experts and this alone is a very good reason why you should eat brown rice instead of the regular white rice.
The health benefits of high fiber content foods are numerous, it reduces the possibility of heart diseases, helps avoid abrupt spikes in sugar levels, helps digestion and reduces constipation etc. Some medical tests have indicated that the health benefits of brown rice could include controlling high blood pressure. Besides high fiber content, brown rice also contains other nutrients like, B vitamins, manganese, selenium and iron. By eating brown rice, you will also get the health benefits that such nutrients give the human body.
- anewspirit reblogged this from askthedr
- nixleaf likes this
- goldgold-bonesbones reblogged this from blondesquats
- meltaway reblogged this from blondesquats
- thehealthybabe reblogged this from askthedr
- fiftyshadesofhawaii likes this
- jcrystalll reblogged this from blondesquats
- skinnycyanide likes this
- blondesquats reblogged this from askthedr
- blondesquats likes this
- alphafemaleontheloose reblogged this from askthedr and added:
- askthedr posted this