TOP 10 REASONS WHY OUR DOCTORS SAY YOU SHOULD INCORPORATE SPINACH INTO YOUR DIET
Our doctors really like dark green leafy vegetables as they have lots of nutritional value and help prevent many types of diseases. One of the vegetables our doctors love is spinach. If you can incorporate spinach into your diet a few times a week, you will notice a big difference in the way you feel.
Our doctors have put together a top ten list of the benefits of eating spinach below:
1. One of the easiest vegetables to get anywhere in the world and very easy to grow in your own garden.
2. It can be consumed raw in a salad, cooked on its own and even used in smoothie. It is a very versatile vegetable.
3. Spinach has flavonoids which act as antioxidants.
4. Spinach is low in calories yet high in vitamins and minerals.
5. A heart healthy food which is an outstanding source of vitamins C and A.
6. Studies have shown that eating spinach may slow the age-related decline in brain function.
7. Lutein is a carotenoid found in spinach that is protective against eye diseases such as age-related cataracts and macular degeneration.
8. Spinach is a great source of iron and is better than meats for this because it has a lot less calories, fat and is cholesterol free.
9. Spinach has anti-inflammatory properties which can help arthritis, migraines and headaches.
10. It tastes a lot better than many other vegetables out there!
- askthedr posted this