Keys to a healthy breakfast by AskTheDoctor.com - The 6-6 rule to follow
1. Avoid bacon, sausage and any fatty meats. Replace with lean ground turkey slice or chicken breast
2. Consume at least one egg or some protein
3. Get one of the following in at breakfast: nuts and nut butters, ground flax seeds, extra virgin olive oil, avocados
4. Consume some fruit that has deep, bright colors and look for seasonal items
5. Consume one cup coffee or green tea, have it with skim milk or black. Avoid any sugar or sweetener.
6. Get some whole grains and fiber into your system such as brown bread or oatmeal, etc.
If you are able to commit to these 6 steps above at least 6 days a week (the 6-6 rule) you will find yourself with a faster metabolism and you will feel a lot better.